"This is a super simple, seasonal recipe packed full of flavour and finished with a little added pepper and heat from the rocket and radish sprouts.
Serve this up as a easy mid week meal or save it for your next dinner party and enjoy cooking with minimum fuss and minimum washing up." annabarnettcooks.com
- ½ Small pumpkin- Roughly chopped and roasted
- Glug of olive oil
- Generous sprinkle of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Shallots – Finely diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic – Crushed and finely diced
- 7-10 Sage leaves – Finely chopped
- 2 Large knobs of butter
- 3 Cups of Arborio/Carnaroli rice
- 1 Small glass of white wine
- 2 Pints of good quality vegetable stock
- 20-30g Taleggio Di Grotta (Depending on how strong you want it to be in the dish)
- 1 Extra knob of butter to finish
- 2 Handfuls of good quality peppery rocket
- Handful of radish sprouts
- Extra freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Begin by pre heating the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Roughly chop the pumpkin, leaving the skin on but scrapping out all seeds and place on a baking tray with glug of oil and a generous sprinkle of seasoning. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until soft and beginning to golden and set to one side.
Begin making your risotto by adding your finely chopped shallots, garlic and sage to a large pan along with your butter and gently cook over a low heat for 4-5 minutes until the shallots are soft and translucent.
Next add in the rice and thoroughly stir so all the rice is coated in the butter, stir for a minute or so and then add in the white wine, increasing the heat slightly and continuing to stir. From here gradually begin to add in the stock, stirring the whole time while the rice absorbs the liquid (this takes some arm work). Once all the stock has been used up and the rice still has a slight bite to it you can then add in the roasted pumpkin, mushing it up slightly as you add it. Gradually add in the Taleggio tasting as you go so you ensure you add according to your taste preference.
Just before serving add in your rocket and garnish with a sprinkle of radish shoots, black pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.