Terms & Conditions
These terms apply to use of the websites located at www.cranecookware.com and all associated sub domains, including cranecookware.co.uk (collectively referred to as 'the Website').
The Website is owned and operated by Root Home Product Ltd trading as Crane Cookware ('Crane') a company incorporated in England & Wales whose registered address is 20 Bethel St, Llanidloes, Powys, SY18 6BS.
Crane Cookware is a trademark owned by Root Home product Ltd. This is the user agreement that governs your use of the Website and the provision of the services we provide you.
Please take time to read these terms as it is important for both of us that you understand our contractual relationship both relating to your use of our website and the services we provide you.
1. General Terms
A. The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
C. Please address any customer service communications to the following: By email: firstname.lastname@example.org; By post: 20 Bethel St Llanidloes Powys SY18 6BS.
If you are unhappy with the service you have received please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line COMPLAINT. We take your feedback very seriously and will endeavour to investigate the matter fully.
D. We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these terms at any time. You will be subject to the policies and terms in force at the time that you use the website or that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms are required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
E. By signing up, you agree to us occasionally contacting you by email with updates and offers. You can opt out of these at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Terms Relating to Website Use
The following terms apply to your general use of our website:
A. Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
B. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website and all products and materials which we may make available from it including without limitation files, images, scripts and text. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You accept that neither we nor our licensors as may be appropriate grant you any licence in respect of any of these rights.
You may (a) print off one copy for backup purposes only and (b) download extracts of any page(s) from our website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our website. You may not use copies of downloaded material for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence from us, and you must ensure that all copies of downloaded material retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices which appeared in the source material.
Other than as may be specifically permitted by these terms, you agree that you will not reproduce any content obtained from our website in any manner, and in particular but without limitation that you will not sell, distribute, sub-license, rent, lease, transmit, broadcast or give away such content or in any manner make it available to third parties or exploit it any way or permit it to be exploited for profit. You agree that you will fully and effectively indemnify us against any claims, demands, costs and damages which we may incur howsoever arising as a result of your failure to comply with this clause. You will notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of our service or our intellectual property rights.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged.
All rights not explicitly granted by these terms are reserved by us.
C. Commentary and other materials posted on our website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
D. We aim to update our website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
F. You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
G. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
If you wish to make any use of material on our website other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com with the subject line BUSINESS.
H. Where our website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
3. Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website Crane.com and all associated sub domains, including Craneshop.com ('our website'). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy.
Crane.com and all associated sub domains is a site operated by Root Home product Ltd (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site without written permission from a Director of Root Home product Ltd.
- Not to use our website or any interactive services for business purposes including the solicitation of business.
- Not to resell access to our website.
- Not to download user account information.
- Not to frame our website or any part of it.
- Not to copy any material obtained from our website to peer-to-peer networks or other web sites or web services.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
4. Conditions of Sale of Goods and Services
A. Pricing and availability
We list availability information for products and services sold by us on the website, including on each product information page. Beyond what we say on that page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about availability. Please note that dispatch estimates are just that. They are not guaranteed dispatch times and should not be relied upon as such. As we process your order, we will inform you by email if any products you order turn out to be unavailable.
Payments on this site can be made using either Paypal or most major credit cards.
We dispatch all goods within the UK with DPD/Interlink, DHL/DPD for Europe & DHL for international shipments. We will make every effort to dispatch each order within 24hrs of receipt of the order, but please allow 3 working days for delivery within the United Kingdom and 5-8 working days for the EU.
In the UK, prices and transit times vary depending on postcode, and how difficult it is to reach your location. Most locations are applicable for next day delivery, but more remote places of the UK, and all British Islands, are counted as "Offshore" and will normally take 2 days. Click here for map showing UK shipping zones (pdf). Please ensure you select the correct shipping method for your delivery location at the checkout.
Root Home Product Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Root Home Product Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is correct as of June 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Personal data only when you actively enquire about our products:
- Name, place of work, position
- Contact information including email address
- Postal address
- Your interests and motives regarding the technology
- your computer IP address
- the method in which you found our website
- various information stored in third party cookies
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. All cookies that this website stores on your computer remain anonymous, and no personal information can be identified from cookies we store on your computer.
Different web pages on this web site record different cookies. Please find below a full breakdown on the cookies this web site may store, depending on how you have found us.
Cookies stored on behalf of Google
We store some Google cookies which help us anonymously track how users behave on our website, how they have found us, and the pages that are visited the most. More information on Google's policy around advertising and analytics can be found here. Google's UTM cookie provides us with this functionality, and may be better known as:
Cookies stored on behalf of FacebookWe use some cookies from Facebook that allow our pages to be shared and liked. Facebook may use these cookies to track how you use the internet across different websites. You can find out more about how Facebook uses your personal data on their Facebook Data Use Policy pages
- datr, lu, s, locale, c_user, xs
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at:
Root Home Product Ltd, C/O Despatch4U, Unit 39c, Lancaster Way Business Park Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3NW.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our listed office address.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
7. Returns Policy
Returns and refunds
The following terms only apply to goods and services bought via the Website. For Crane goods bought from any other outlet please refer your request to the outlet from which you bought it.
Return of non-faulty goods
Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase at any point from the time of ordering until seven working days after delivery. To qualify for a refund as a result of such a cancellation you must contact us in writing within seven days of taking delivery. To do so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Crane Return, stating the Order ID number (which you can find in your order confirmation email from email@example.com your name and address, the date you placed the order and giving your clear instruction to cancel the order. We will then send you a Cancellation Reference Number by email.
In addition, if the order has already been dispatched:
- we must receive the item at our Crane Returns Address within 7 working days after delivery with the Cancellation Reference Number clearly marked on the outside of the package. We recommend that you use a secure delivery method which requires a signature on receipt, as this insures the package in case it goes missing. The product and all delivery costs will remain your responsibility until it has been signed for at our returns address. We do not accept responsibility for products lost or damaged in the post; and
- when we receive it at our Crane Returns Address the item must be unused and in its original, saleable condition, complete with packaging. This includes packaging items like the internal packaging.
If the conditions above are met in full we will issue a refund to the method of payment used to pay for the item.
If we receive a returned item and the conditions above are not met in full then we will be unable to issue a refund. In this case we will contact you to organise the return of the item at your expense.
Return of faulty goods
We guarantee all our vitreous enameled cast iron cookware for 10 years and will replace or refund faulty items if returned and received at our returns address within 10 years of delivery and in accordance with the above returns process.
If the fault is not confirmed (at our absolute discretion), the fault is not due to a technical failure but rather user handling or the conditions above are not met in full we reserve the right to not issue a refund or replacement. In this case we will be in contact to determine whether you wish the item to be returned to you at your expense. This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Crane Returns Address
Please send items to be returned to the following address. The package must include the original order invoice or return authorisation email/code. Please note that unless the returns policy above is followed exactly we will not be able to process your return and accept no liability for any items you send to us.
Lancaster Way Business Park