- 2.3mm patented bimetal construction for superior heat distribution
- Low, flared sides and flat bottom to facilitate searing and browning
- Hygienic stainless interior to ensure pure food flavour
- Sleek comfort grip stainless steel handle
- 16cm (6.3 inches)
- Capacity: 0.62 litres (1.1 pints)
- Vessel height: 4.2cm (1.7 inches)
- Length with handle: 34cm (13.4 inches)
- Weight: 0.996 kgs (2.2 pounds)
- Bimetal: 2.3mm copper with 0.2mm 18/8 stainless steel
- Handle: Stainless steel
- Handcrafted in Belgium
"Copper is famed for its ability to conduct heat and electricity—it's no accident that it's copper and not iron that runs through the electrical wires in our walls—and it's this quality that makes it such an interesting metal for cooking.
Copper inverts these rules. It heats quickly and evenly, but it loses that heat just as fast. This responsiveness gives it a nimbleness and agility that can be very useful for delicate proteins like fish and seafood, as well as sauces, caramel, and chocolate—remove a copper saucepan holding a delicate sauce from the heat and its temperature will drop rapidly, reducing the chances the sauce overcooks or breaks from exposure to the retained heat in the metal."
Daniel Gritzer, Serious Eats